Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Blue Devil #1

What would a lover need to expect from me? That's an excellent question. I'm really not sure how to answer.

One thing I've always prided myself on is always being me. There is no "fake me" that I turn on and try to use to woo someone. Well, maybe I do, but that facade is long gone before reaching the "cotton underwear" point. So I'm not sure what surprises lay in store for my mythical lover.

One thing I have realized about myself in the recent past is that I am looking for someone who puts up with me, but not with any of my shit. My lover will definately have to put up with a lot of my antics and jokes, which I've inhereted from my father, but they also have to be willing to call me on it.

I want someone who will argue with me. And so my lover will have to deal with my argumentative nature. And that's probably my metaphorical "cotton underwear." I love to argue. Sometimes I take the opposite side just to provoke a response. And I don't like to lose. It's something that my lover will have to get used to. That's me, warts and all, and I don't apologize for it. And I don't feel I should have to, because by the time I make that kind of committment with someone, they know who I am and what I am like. And thus, if they are along for the ride at that point, its because they know who I am and they are okay with that.

On a much more practical note, I'm a total slob. I am a messy person and that takes a lot to live with. When I concentrate, I can localize the mess to a given area, but usually I'm too busy to concentrate. So that's another thing that someone would have to get used to.

That, and the constant internet use. :)

BD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home