Saturday, June 12, 2004

Commander Cream #3

Just a short post this time. I'm afraid that I'm far too enveloped in family pride to write any more than this.

Let me explain one thing about my family. There are only two real rules:
Family comes first
No one is born a Cream, you have to earn the right to call yourself one
Sure, there are some things that I don’t like. My parents are overprotective. My little brother is spoiled. My sister is vain. I am arrogant. My older brother is absent-minded. My other sister is overconfident. But that’s the beauty of our two rules: there is always a reason to fight for self-improvement. It’s probably a failure in creativity or self-examination, but I cannot think of much I would change. If we didn’t have faults, then we would have no reason to grow. In the end, I will probably follow my parents’ example and expect too much from my children. I will probably say things like “Remember, a Cream never comes in last” (from a conversation with my father when I was seven). I will probably be firmly convinced that my children can do anything. I will be overprotective. But as long as family comes first, those faults are manageable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home