Friday, June 25, 2004

Professor Plum #7

at a certain point, elements of popular culture multiply, mix, and merge until drawing distinctions between the simulation and the referent is not only impossible, but pointless. Or I just wanted to post this.


ricky fitts is desperately trying to get into the pants of the girl next door with the old "'wow-this-is-amazing-art'-and-by-'amazing-art'-i-mean-i-just-left-the-camcorder-running-after-video-taping-a-cheerleading-practice-and-then-came-up-with-a-sappy-backstory-to-facilitate-my-getting-ass" routine

Ricky Fitts: It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

cut to god on a cloud, looking annoyed

God: It's a piece of garbage in the wind, do you have any idea how complicated your circulatory system is?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home