Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Czar Red #8

This TKO has been the most difficult for me because I value honesty in relationships more than everything. If you cannot be honest with your friends -- not matter what the excuse -- they aren't really in a relationship with you but rather the image you project to them. That's always concerned me because I would rather see the blunt cold truth then cling to ideals that are only as substantial as my dreams.

That being said, I cannot recall a time I have lied to my friends. Lies of omission perhaps but those are a whole different monster than telling falsehoods. That doesn't mean that I'm the perfect friend; I'm not.

I'm impatient -- if I'm talking to you I want you to get to the point soon or I'll drift. I'm not the greatest listener either -- I try to remain as interested as I can in your current troubles but if it becomes clear you’d rather feel sorry for yourself than find a solution, I become a little non-responsive. I don't always know the right thing to say. I'm not sure what will make your world of hurt disappear so I end up fumbling for words or nod to break the silence. And lastly, I'm insensitive. I forget that not everyone is as careless as myself and I may just sting you with an unintentional callous remark.

Before you decide I am a Bitch, I like Ivory Angel fight fiercely for my friends. I value loyalty second only to honesty and you will always know that I’m standing beside you. I will remain defensive of you to the entire outside world – at once if need be. I’ll keep everything you tell me a secret – I’ll help you shield your big problems from the prying eyes of those that would judge you. I may not know the right thing to say, but I have a comforting shoulder and I'll hold you while you cry. My words can be insensitive but never my gestures. I remember the little things no matter how new of friends we may be. I’ll pick up your favorite drink before the party so you don’t feel alone with the beer drinkers or I’ll leave a cheerful note under your door when you have a stressful day. And I won’t lie to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home