Saturday, June 26, 2004

Purple Rain #7

A quick post since I got up late

"When you stare into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you" -Frederick Nietsche

Bullshit Nietsche. When you stare into the abyss, the abyss tends to giggle inanely. This is my first "dealbreaker", if you will; I can't stand stupid ditzes. Carrying on a conservation with one of them feels like trying to teach a 6 year old how to play chess.

Me: "Now, the knight moves in an L shape and...Hey! get that king piece out of your mouth!"
Kid1: "Chess is boring. How about playing with action figures?"
Kid2: "You have a few hairs on your chin, mister."
Kid3: (sobs) "I want candy!"

It hurts the brain. Like the 6 year olds, dumb ditzes can the inability to talk about anything deep and instead like talking about things I could care less about. Wait, stratch that, these are things that I am unable to care less about because they are at the way bottom of my priorities. I honestly don't care about Brad Pitts new look or who which movie actor hooked up with who. Ditzes have an amazing ability to turn a disscussion of any interesting issue to a superficial one. Although, come to think of it, I'd perfer the kids. At least I got paid.

The second "dealbreaker" for me would have to be being a "crisis queen", as I like to call them. No matter how small a problem is, it always manages to become a crisis. Maybe because I dated one, I've become kinda numb to all the "crisis's" that managed to be invented. Having gone through real crisises in the past, I'm more than willing to help with real problems. If you have a bad hair day and think the world is goign to end, you're wrong. News Flash! Men generally don't care what brand of perfume you are wearing or what particular style your hair is in. If we do, most likly we are gay. Of course metrosexuals have to come into play and ruin the general rule. Bastards.

2 Comments:

Blogger CyranoDeBergerac said...

I agree, but somehow when Neitsche spoke of gazing into the abyss I have to doubt he was speaking of the void between certain people's ears. In general, well stated.

1:09 PM  
Blogger CyranoDeBergerac said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home