Saturday, June 05, 2004

Euphony #1

Quirks!
Within the piles of documents strewn about on my room floor, and the dirty clothes set in piles, and my miscillaneous articles necessary for my civilized presentation, there is an order to it. I am messy, only when I don't have the time, energy, or the focus to be neat; but I know where everything is at. In fact I hate constant cleanliness, its just so boring and time consuming. I'm functional. But if my wife were to find that annoying, well she could put in her part and clean up after me, or leave it be. I don't think I'm gonna wanna change that, I have to have some part of my life that I can refuge to; something that doesn't require constant maintenance. But I guess I am that kind of a person that also needs to be prodded to do the dirty work, that's where my wife will come in.... she's gonna have to nag me on that one. Clean it up! she'll have to say, at least a few times, before I feel obliged to her sanity. But I just hope she is cleaner than me, because if there is one thing I can't stand is a woman who doesn't care how her home looks. Grime and filth everywhere, and the idea of being comfortable living in that. Maybe that sounds a little old fashioned, or even sexist, well I don't care. My woman is gonna do her fair share of taking care of the house. Uhuh! But in all of that I think there is something mysteriously beautiful to be found; a fulfilling relationship. She working hard to make our home lovely, and then she lets me come in and enjoy it; I make a mess of things by using it, sure, but its nothing that love can't fix. I want her to understand that, I want her to give that to me because it makes her happy to see me happy.
That's the dream I guess, the great expectation, even the fantasy. But I know it, there is also reality, and I'm sure every girl reading this is like, "good luck finding one like that buddy", but that's ok. This is a way that I receive love. This is my quirk.
Another one is what I like to call personal expression. Well, I am one of those staunch conservatives that doesn't want to believe that girls burp, fart, poop, or even have pms. In fact, I really don't want to hear about it. For all I care, girls are flowery creatures... period. But its true, I know they do, a fact that makes me really sad. I mean, its ok for me to do it, but not for girls; it just isn't right. Hehe. But its gonna be really hard for me to adjust to that one. So she's gonna have to beware; I mean she's gonna have to watch out who's around when she is doing what she is doing. But I know that when it finally comes down to it, its gonna be funny; if we are that much in love with each other, then she is gonna be my best friend, and there is nothing better than being completely stinky-comfortable around an intimate who will accept you even in your funkiest moments.
So yeah, there's going to be a lot of little quirks that my wife and I are going to encounter in each other, but its nothing that best friends can't get over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home